Have you ever considered LinkedIn for your conversion tracking or lead generation???
Yes, LinkedIn is having these two most powerful tools suitable perfectly for B2B marketers.
Though some of you may say they are the same, while I say they are also different in some ways.
So let’s have a discussion about these two tools and how LinkedIn can help us in our way of exploration.
At the start of the discussion, I would obviously say that these two tools are like the siblings but not twins.
So they have some different aspects in spite of being the same. They are suited to different situations to work best.
We start with the lead generation on LinkedIn.
Clear out one thing what is its basic goal?
To deliver the leads to CRM, this form helps you to generate new leads for your business. It’s clear and uncut.
Now to obtain the goal we need to know how to apply the process.
10 Ways LinkedIn Can Build Your Brand and Generate Leads
LinkedIn deals with the sponsored content campaign. And at this part, we can actually add the lead gen forms of LinkedIn.
Soon you will notice:
- Increase in the volume of the leads
- The high quality of the leads
- ROI made easier
- Statistics show a conversion rate of 20%.
- Also, it makes it easier to get connected
- And lastly giving the client accurate data.
So you can see, there a lot of changes which can actually make your business come closer to the client and grows.
A guide to building a lead gen form in the content campaign
For the beginners, a guide to creating the lead gen form has been given here:
- Log in to the LinkedIn campaign manager account
- Go to the “account assets” and click on the “lead generation form”
- Here you need to do the task in 3 different parts:
- Field selection: click the types of fields that you want to add to your form. A maximum of 7 fields can be added to the form. For a member’s profile, it would be pre-filled. In case they need any edit, the member can do so.
- Thank you page: give a thank you message that in another concept welcoming.
- So you just completed the lead form creation. It’s time to manage it. Add it to the ad But don’t forget to select the option: “collect leads using LinkedIn lead generation form”.
Managing the lead gen form once you create it
Now how to manage the lead gen form?
Now you can do it in different ways:
- Download the lead list directly from the campaign manager
- Sync the leads with the CRM
- Directly send the leads to the Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, Microsoft dynamics 365 accounts.
It’s up to you to choose
To download: click on the “account assets” and then click on the “download” for the form template, choose the one you want to download. But remember you need to have the company page admin grant for the download.
Optimization of the result of the lead gen form
Now it is time to look at the result. You need to see what you have got from the lead generation form. Campaign performance can be checked at the dashboard of the campaign manager. Metrics which are normally used to measure the performance:
- Total number of leads
- ORM completion rate
- Total cost per head.
Marketers can access the lead for 90 days. So check the records frequently so that you can get the flow of the records.
Tips for getting the ultimate results
Tips on how to generate leads with LinkedIn
- Relevant images and a copy should be used throughout the ads
- The messaging should match the CTA.
- Fields should be less in number so that members should find it easy to do
- Avoid the fields which are having manual input. In that case, ask for the information which they have already given in the profile.
So by now, hopefully, you have got a clear idea of how to process the entire technique of the lead generation through LinkedIn.
Now, there is another tool left that needs to be described for you. It is also a powerful tool that can give you the right way to measure the lead and conversion.
LinkedIn has been helping the business to grow in this way.
Conversion tracking- another basic tool of digital marketing
Let’s start with the topic of conversion tracking:
What do you understand by the conversion?
Conversions are the actions like submission of the leads, content downloading, purchasing, for registration of any events.
Tracking the people who have shown interest in these actions is nothing but conversion tracking.
In simple, you find out how many people are clicking the links and showing interest in these above actions.
Why LinkedIn? What’s so special about it?
Now why conversion tracking in LinkedIn is preferred for such a task?
- Just by viewing your ads, you can know about the conversion rates. It’s easy and simple.
- The ROI of the advertisement can be easily understood
- Result optimization can be done in simple steps.
So, now you can understand why we prefer LinkedIn for such a dutiful task. It can give you a lot more than you expect.
At the inception of the task, setting up the tracking is essential:
- The line of code is added to the company’s website. The line of code can be the same as the LinkedIn Insight tag. If you are having one to your account, then don’t add another one.
- New conversion creates is clicked
- Add this conversion to the campaign that has been started.
Don’t skip these steps when you start
Few necessary steps to be done:
- Optimization of the campaign should be enabled. This would help you a lot later on.
- Target on some specific audience and then see the actions of the audience. In case you require, segmentation of the audience can also be done. The segmented audience will help you to know which category is having a high conversion rate.
- Optimization of the content is also essential. This can be done with the different campaign metrics available and check the conversion rate. The unsuccessful ad content should be checked to learn what is missing in the content and what needs to be rectified.
Stepwise guide: how to get the conversion tool work for you
So as a whole, the task can be performed:
- Open the company’s website and track the position where you want to see the conversion. This also includes the subdomains too.
- Tell LinkedIn about an action that needs to count for the conversion. It can be even an action like filling a form on your website.
- Just after you add the conversion, immediately you can start recording its updates.
- Inbuilt analytics can help in the measurement of the conversion rates. This is available in the campaign manager.
So it is all about the other tool for the B2B business scheme.
LinkedIn has been in the market with real-time tools helping people to optimize the campaigns. Even it is been abling the business to adjust to the program too.
Now optimization of the campaign is not thought without these two basic tools of LinkedIn. It has taken digital marketing to a new level and so its performance too.
They help in setting a campaign quickly with the help of these two tools. Also if you are targeting to get the mobile user audience, well LinkedIn tools can help you get them so. Segregation of mobile users and desktop users are being done by the tool itself.
Also, the ad format that is being used is the sponsored content itself. You need not do anything separately for it.
Well, so many things from just two tools!!! Can you imagine???
Try them out to experience them and see the change that they bring in your business. You will start liking them and cannot even think of campaigning without them.
In the end, I would only tell, that try these two tools if you are into the content campaign. Surely they would be useful for you to gain the result that you expect.
Hope this article has been useful to you. Share with us how you find it useful and also share any other features of these two tools. We would love to know something new about them.